The Master of Agribusiness is designed to build on your professional experience in the food and fibre industries, broadening your understanding of the sector and enhancing your analytical skills.
You will benefit from an improved capacity to make important decisions within the context of the industry, connections with industry mentors, and the broad range of local and international working experiences and contacts of our academics and students.
You will also have the opportunity to connect with industry mentors and local and international networks through our academics and students.
Australia’s primary industries have a strong tradition of being innovative and adaptive to new challenges. They have proven to be highly efficient and competitive in international markets. The outlook for the Australian primary industries sector is strong, with the world’s demand for food rising, driven by population growth and calls for higher quality and greater variety of food, and biofuels.
- Australian Government
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestries
Graduates find themselves in high demand with the ability to successfully negotiate this international, competitive, consumer-directed market. Careers range from management of companies in the agriculture and food industries, farm management, rural and global business development, marketing, banking, agronomist, planning and policy in all levels of Government and agrifood business sectors, business management, and agribusiness consultancy.
If you are interested in a shorter course, MSLE also offers a Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness.
“I chose the Melbourne School of Land and Environment because of its global recognition in economics and agricultural business. My favourite subjects are Agricultural Politics & Trade and Supply Chain Management. The former addresses the study of duties, taxes and international trade agreements from a very broad point of view – the experienced lecturer makes the subject interesting and very useful. The latter subject provides an excellent approach to understanding of integrated effective supply chains. After graduation I hope to apply my past experience and all new knowledge acquired in Melbourne to address the challenges and grasp the opportunities that the Chilean agricultural sector.”
Pedro Pablo Pinochet Infante, Chile
Master of Agribusiness
- Our courses give you the flexibility to benefit from the convenience and independence of distance study through our online structure learning from Australian agribusiness experts; or our on-campus course is available if you prefer studying face-to-face.
- Our course provides a solid grounding in the central issues of agribusiness, building on the experience you will have gained working in the agribusiness field.
- Delivered primarily online and/or at Parkville campus, all the benefits of our expert teaching staff and the renowned resources of the University of Melbourne are available to you.
|DURATION||1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent||1 year part-time|
1) Online delivery through four intensive 8-week study periods per year including a 6-day intensive residential block at Parkville campus in February of year 1 and year 2.
2) On campus full-time. Three extended semesters per year including one intensive residential block at Parkville campus in February of year 1 and year 2.Note:
International Semester 1 (Early February) and Semester 2 (July)
704CC Agribusiness Online
75 Points Core
75 Points Electives
|POINTS||150 credit points||50 credit points|
|PLACE TYPES||Local students
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS||A minimum of 2 years full-time documented relevant professional/managerial experience|
|ALTERNATE ENTRY PATH||Students may also apply to enter the Graduate Certificate with:
|CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS STUDY||Completion of an Honours program or a Graduate Diploma in a related discipline may give an advanced standing of up to 50 points into the Master of Agribusiness. On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate with grades averaging 65%students can apply to articulate into the Masters with 50 points credit.|
|APPLICATIONS DUE||Local Students
|HANDBOOK DETAILS||704-CC Master of Agribusiness (online)
704-BB Master of Agribusiness (F/T on campus)
|079-AA Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness|
HOW TO APPLY